Chief Executive Officer Social Value International
Impact measurement efforts are prevalent but providing clear evidence for more impact is critical.
This workshop will start with a role play to highlight the challenges for organisations that want to create more value than they did last year. It will cover some of the common challenges in creating social value:
- balancing the relationship between being accountable for and maximising impact,
- consider how top down approaches to impact measurement drive out innovation,
- explore the risks of focusing on goals given (very human) psychological biases and
- address the challenges for rolling up and aggregating data if this is intended to contribute to investment decisions and improve investment performance.
Some known approaches will be shared and workshop participants will be involved in developing other ideas and in working together beyond the conference.
- What are the challenges in managing impact within organisation and across portfolios
- How can impact management quantifiably drive social innovation
- What do we need to do in our own organisation so that we start to optimise social impact